[courtesy of Chef Venn at Gokulum Park Hotel in Kochi, Kerala]
I’ve been searching for the perfect Thai curry and FINALLY found one! This is a delicious and healthy curry that Mummy and I discovered at our hotel in Kerala. We tried it for the first time this afternoon and used just regular canned corn and broccoli. I think even Daddy liked it, which really says something.
Servings: 3-4 people
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 3/4 Tbs. Garlic
- 3/4 Tbs. Ginger (thai ginger if you have it)
- 1 Tbs. Red thai curry paste
- Fresh basil (thai basil if you have it)
- Limro (curry leaves) – optional
- Handful of cashews – whole or chopped
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup vegetable stock (we used water)
- Sugar, salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (light coconut milk is fine)
- Baby corn
- Any other veggies, like snap pees, broccoli, mushrooms, green pepper, etc.
- Green chiles (optional)
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, thai curry paste, and chiles if you are using them. Let saute for a minute or two.
- Add the vegetable stock (or water + a little salt).
- Add cashews, a few basil leaves, curry leaves (if you have them), and all of your veggies. Bring to boil.
- Add salt, sugar (about 1/2 tsp.) and a little sprinkle of pepper.
- Take off the hot stove and add about half a cup of coconut milk.
- Mix and serve hot with rice.