This is one of Seema’s favorites. It is heavenly and best served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Servings: 1 pie
- Ready-made pie crust
- 1/2 cup white Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick margarine (or butter) melted
- 1/2 package (3 oz. of chocolate chips)
- 2 eggs (Alternative: 2 Tbs. of ground flax seed + 6 Tbs. water. Note: we have never actually tried the egg substitute with the pie . . . let us know how it turns out if you try it)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the uncooked pie.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, karo syrup, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pecan. Pour over the pie.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius) for 1 hour.