This pancake recipe is so delicious it has been getting Seema and Meera out of bed since they were little kids (which is NOT an easy task). It’s also healthy and very easy to make without eggs.
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- Grated rind of 1 orange (optional)
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 egg (Eggless alternative: 1 Tbs. of ground flax seed + 3 Tbs. water)
- 2 Tbs. butter – melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Fresh fruit — strawberries, bananas, any kind of berries, mangos, etc.
- Prepare fruit. Cut into small pieces, add a little orange juice to keep from going brown (or a little of the orange rind), mix together, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, 1 Tbs. of the orange rind, yogurt, sugar, egg (or egg substitute), and the melted butter. Mix well.
- In large bowl, sift flour (Mummy says you don’t really have to do this). Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir well. Batter should be thick.
- Heat a heavy griddle or sauce pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 Tbs. butter (or less).
- When butter is melted, spoon batter onto griddle, spreading each pancake with the back of a spoon until it’s about 3 inches round.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until undersides are golden brown and tops are bubbly. Then turn over and cook for another minute or so.
- Serve hot, and top with the fruit mixture, syrup, and/or Nutella.