Servings: 8-10 people
- 1 tbs. ghee (butter)
- Jeeru (cumin seeds)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. haldi
- 1 cup rice
- frozen peas (let soak in a little water to defrost)
- Wash rice and let soak in water for about 20 minutes. If you are using frozen peas, also let those soak in water.
- Put large pot on medium heat. Add ghee (butter) and let melt. Then add jeeru (cumin seeds), haldi, salt, peas (with the water), and the rice.
- Add about 1 cup of water if you added the peas with water. Total water should be about 1 1/2 cups.
- Bring to a boil. Then change to low heat, cover, and let cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off heat, keep covered, and let sit for another 10 minutes or so.
- Then transfer the rice into another dish (to avoid stickiness) and serve hot.