Servings: 12-14 rotis
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- Some loose flour to roll the rotis
- Make dough: mix 2 cups of flour with 1 cup of water — you can mix it by hand or in the food processor. The dough should be pretty soft.
- Make small dough balls and roll them into rotis using a little bit of loose wheat flour.
- Optional: for crispier rotis, cover the roti with a little bit of ghee (butter) after rolling. Then make it into a ball again like you would a paratha — either by swirling it or folding the roti in half and then folding it into a circle. Then roll the roti again.
- Place the rotis on a pan (I like to use a pizza dish) and broil in the oven. NOTE: you must watch the rotis very carefully. After 1-2 minutes, flip the rotis over and let them cook for another minute or so, or until they have light brown spots on them.
- Cover rotis with ghee (butter) and serve hot!